Overnight Tour – Sat. Sept 20 & Sun. Sept 21, 2014
If you have not already done so and want to go on the tour, you need to sign up soon. The Oak Park Inn has only a limited number of rooms remaining, so call and make you reservation soon. Tour details and registration information are outlined below.
The destination for this year’s overnight tour will be Waynesville, NC, with drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Normally, we do not go back to the same location two years in a row, but I have had difficulty in finding a location that does not require a two-night minimum during this time of year. Everyone who attended last year really enjoyed it, and the concensus was to return there. We will again be staying at the Oak Park Inn on Main Street, a short walk to the interesting shops and pubs in downtown Waynesville.
We will meet at Puleo’s Grill parking lot – Exit 398/ I-40 at the Strawberry Plains exit, at 8:45 am on Saturday morning. Our route will take us on I-40 to Maggie Valley and then onto the Blue Ridge Parkway. Pack a picnic lunch, and we will eat at Water Rock Knob with its beautiful vistas. It is short drive from there to the Oak Park Inn, where we can check in after 1:00 pm. This will give us plenty of time to socialize and explore the town. I will locate a place for us to eat on Saturday evening and Sunday morning for breakfast. On Sunday we will return to the Blue Ridge Parkway and travel north to have lunch at the Mt. Pisgah Inn, then take I-40 for our return trip home.
This is what you need to do:
1) Log on to the Oak Park Inn website, www.oakparkinn-waynesville.com , and check their new website, which includes room options.
2) To make your reservations, call the Inn as soon as possible at (828) 456-5328 . Let them know you are with the Smoky Mountain Porsche Club. They will take your credit card number but will not charge it until Sept. 20.
3) E-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know the following:
- Your name and the name of your passanger
- Make, model, year and color of your car
- Your cell # (s)
- How many reservations for dinner Saturday, breakfast Sunday and lunch Sunday.
I will contact you when I get your information. I will also send additional information about the trip as we get closer to that time.
If you have questions, call me at (865) 719-6124 or e-mail me.
We’ll have great fun as always,
Clyde & Kathryn Peery